CAD for the Theater
Professor: Tom Fusco, Technical Director
Office: Backstage Tohill Phone (856) 256-4036
Email: Fusco@Rowan.edu Cell: (609) 254-6879
This course is designed to introduce you to Vectroworks and its various applications in theater. Vectorworks is an immense and complicated program. Realistically it would take a person years to become accomplished in all of the intricacies of the program. So this course is designed to do two things, jump start you on the basics of the program and teach how to find resources and best practices to self-train yourself.
Materials Needed for Class:
1. Basic Tools work sheet Due Feb 5th
2. 2d drafting of a bird house Due Feb 19th
3. 2d Drafting package of Tohill with set for Dracula Due March 11
4. 3d exercises work sheet Due April 1
5. 3d drafting and rendering of a dog house Due April 15
6. 3d rendered model of 159 with a set for Sherlock Holmes Due April 29
7. List of resources workflow statement and Revisions – May 6
1. Punctuality - each day late loses 1 full point of the grade. No extensions, no excuses, no crying. Part of life is time management, deal with it.
2. Completed goals – in class each project will be gone over in detail with a list of specific goals, miss a goal, loose a point.
3. Complete package – Each drafting will have a border and title block, dimensions, notes, renderings etc. Like the goals each project will have a set of specific plates or views that need to be presented. Miss one loose a point.
4. Communication – each file must be clearly marked in the Drop Box and an email sent to me with the link by the due date. Failure to do so will mean it is late as per number 1.
5. Effort- I will allow for revisions and the chance to make up points, on your own time.
Each student will have a shared dropbox folder. All work will be kept in the folder. I have created the main folder on my account and will share it with you.
Attendance and Participation
“The Rowan Success Network powered by Starfish® is designed to make it easier for you to connect with the resources you need to be successful at Rowan. Throughout the term, you may receive email from the Rowan Success Network team (Starfish®) regarding your course grades or academic performance. Please pay attention to these email and consider taking the recommended actions. Utilize the scheduling tools to make appointments at your convenience and keep an eye on your reminders and flags to track your progress and get help when needed. Additional information about RSN may be found at http://www.rowan.edu/provost/academic_affairs/atp/success/."